The award, which is typically presented at the Alumni Reunion Banquet in the summer, is not necessarily conferred each year. More than one individual can be honored. The award is open to any alumnus or alumna, both clerical and lay.
Saint Meinrad's Distinguished Alumnus Award is conferred using these criteria:
- The recipient of the Distinguished Alumnus Award should be one who has attended Saint Meinrad the minimum of the equivalent of one academic year and left in good standing.
- The recipient should exemplify the Gospel values in his or her life and work.
- The recipient should be an alumnus or alumna who is an actively practicing Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church.
- The recipient should be one who has provided exemplary service in his or her life and/or profession that reflects the core values and mission of Saint Meinrad.
It is preferred that the candidate has had an active role in the life and programs of Saint Meinrad.
The Alumni Office will accept nominations for the award between January 1 and postmarked by or submitted electronically by August 31. Nominations of individuals must be made on an annual basis. Any nominees for the award will be considered only from that year’s pool of nominations. If a nominator so chooses, he or she can resubmit the name and any supporting materials for a candidate on an annual basis.
Two essential items are needed for a credible submission. They include:
- A letter from the nominee’s pastor, religious superior or bishop stating the nominee is in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- Any additional supporting documents on behalf of the alumnus, which might include but are not limited to: curriculum vitae, documentation of awards or accolades received, church and civic honors, news articles about the alumnus, letters of support, etc.
Submissions may be made via postal mail, online at the form below, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the name of the person you’re nominating and the documents listed above. Some documents, such as letters of support, may be sent directly to the Alumni Office by the individual composing the document.
200 Hill Dr.
St. Meinrad, IN 47577
A committee of the Alumni Board of Directors reviews the nominations and makes recommendations to the full Alumni Board. The final determination will be made by the full Alumni Board, generally at its fall meeting, and then submitted to the Seminary and School of Theology administration for final approval.
If you have questions or need help with the submission process, please do not hesitate to contact the Alumni Office at email@example.com or by calling (800) 682-0988.
Revised: April 25, 2014